Skip to main content

Re: Peer Group Chat // Grappling Grief // Thursday 2nd May 2024, 7-8:30PM AEST

@tyme No...it won't let me, no matter what I do. It's just distressing me further so maybe best not to worry. So disappointing.

I'm so sorry to hear. Have you signed up yet and created a new password? @ButterflyWings 

Feel free to log in as a guest to read on if you want and I can work with you to set up an account for next week? I wouldn't want you to feel distressed over it.

I'm sorry.

@tymeIt won't let me register properly. Maybe try again another time. 364 other days in a year eh...

Thanks for the chat tonight @Snowie @ButterflyWings @Shaz51 @Captain24 @Glisten @Patches59 .

Here were our questions tonight if you'd like to add anything!

Q1: What is your understanding of grief and loss? 

Q2: What do you know about the ways we can experience grief? 

Q3: How might we experience grief differently when living with complex mental health? 

Q4: Most commonly, grief is experienced after bereavement, the loss of a loved one. Have you ever experienced grief from another kind of loss, such as losing a job or something important to your sense of self? 

Q5: How has grief impacted you? Has it ever had unexpected or uniquely challenging aspects? 

Q6: What did you do to cope? What was helpful, and were there things that were unhelpful? 

Q7: How can we best support ourselves whilst recovering from grief, loss, or bereavement? How might we support a friend or loved one with their grief? 

Here are some further resources we recommend having a look at: 

1. Coping with Grief and Loss: https://www.helpguide.org/articles/grief/coping-with-grief-and-loss.htm 

2. Coping skills for grief: https://psychcentral.com/health/coping-skills-for-grief 

3. Coping with Grief: https://griefline.org.au/resources/coping-with-grief/ 

@Snowie @ButterflyWings @Shaz51 @Captain24 @Glisten @Patches59

Was very good Peerage tonight @tyme 

So validating. So many beautiful people, everyone that attended.

G

So glad to have you with us. Sorry it went slightly overtime. It was such a robust convo that it was hard to wrap it up!

Hence we can continue it here @Glisten  🙂

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us tonight. It's given me a lot to think about.

@tyme & @Shaz51 

I just drank Hot Chocolate LOL🤣 with sugar! PAHAHA 

Pre-Annibirthary hot chocolate ️ lol

Sorry ADHD at its finest.

G

saw the invite too late

You are free to participate in the conversation here @Henry2  as a continuation. We hold these chats weekly. Would you like me to tag you into next Thursday's chat? It's at 7-8:30pm AEST.

Search Mental Health Carers NSW