Skip to main content

Re: Topic Tuesday // Feeling anxious when away from your loved one // Tues. 24 Apr. 7pm - 9pm AEST

I'm sorry to hear about your father @TAB
Wow he and your family have done so well if at the age of 93 is when he's going into assisted living home.

Re: Topic Tuesday // Feeling anxious when away from your loved one // Tues. 24 Apr. 7pm - 9pm AEST

I feel similar @TAB That no-one will be there for me when I'm infirm or dying.

That's because no-one has been (physically) for many years, I live alone.

Dad's passing (2 years ago) has left a void that cannot be filled (so far).

I still wish that he could somehow walk back in the door, just a wish not a delusion...

In my Carer role, I often have anxiety & intrusive fears & concerns about the people I care for - even the next day, over weekends, or long after I've gone home.

I cannot seem to leave those fears or concerns behind, to just enjoy myself (or my own time) at home, etc.

Adge

Hello @NikNik Smiley Very Happy

I work from home so it is more Mr D going out on his own, with a history of going walkabout (with intent) in the back of my mind is that history will repeat. Meds do appear to be effective so am not quite so concerned. I had an 'anti-theft' device fitted in our car which means the car can be located if needed.

@Adge - that's so much to manage.
I hope tonight is helpful in trying to find those moments to yourself without the flooding of all these feelings.

Hi @Shaz51 ๐Ÿ™‚

Leaving Mr Shaz alone the first time after he attempted was scary for me also @Former-Member, @NikNik and then he attempted again

and the next time took himself to hospital

Yes sheโ€™s still at home. Work ....depends who you get when you ring. And itโ€™s not what is said but the way itโ€™s said. Iโ€™m at a stage now itโ€™s my family first

@Former-Member, @NikNik, @Adge, @TAB, @Tanglefoot

we have choosen to work self employed where we are together but I get anxious when he goes up to the garage to do things as this is where i found him on his second attempt @NikNik

Itโ€™s so important to remember - your reactions are so normal under the circumstances you're in.

They reflect how you feel and shouldnโ€™t be judged by others who arenโ€™t walking in your shoes. Itโ€™s also important to remember not to be tough on yourself! Everyoneโ€™s experience is unique, although there are many feelings and experiences that carers have in common.

Search Mental Health Carers NSW