Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Manic-saddness
New Contributor

Looking after myself??

How am I supposed to do that when I have 2 kids with additional needs an a husband working full time.. 1 child recently at hospital due to concerns of suicidal ideation an I'm so worried about. The other screams an hurts me an needing so much support atm too an need to get assessed for autism. I feel like I put a mask on everyday just to try an cope to get through one day at a time but I'm really struggling, already heavily medicated an just feel like running away sometimes, I love my family so much but I feel suffocated 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Looking after myself??

Hi @Manic-saddness 

Welcome to the Forums. My name is Hanami and I am one of the peer support workers at SANE. I'm really sorry to read how hard things have been for you, your partner and your children. I can only imagine how tough things are for you all.  

There are a few organisations I will list here that may be useful for you to reach out to for more specific support around the situation. 

Carer Gateway 

Carers Australia 

Mental Health Carers Australia 

Do you have a support team such as a psychologist that you can talk to about how tough things are? 

I hope you find support and connection here.

I wish you all the best of luck.

Warm wishes,

Hanami

Thankyou for replying and sending through the links. I don't have a psychologist, I also have bipolar an adhd so I get so overwhelmed trying to find someone an the hassle of calling around when so many are so hard to get into ect

I'm sorry to hear that you have trouble calling around @Manic-saddness. I'm wondering if SANE's guided service could be helpful for you. I'll post the link here https://www.sane.org/referral 

Warmest wishes

Hanami

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW