Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The magic of tidying

Yes that's a worry @Appleblossom. I also saw  the rigidity and drooling when Dad was put on a "geriatric" drug... I objected and he came good as soon as he was taken it off it. Not sure what you can do but awareness helps.

In about 6 weeks or 40 days it will be June 30. On Friday I decided to embark on a campaign to get myself better sorted by then. I'm pushing myself to declutter, garden and exercise. And I want to get back to reading, craft, music. Not sure if quiet desperation is sufficient motivation. 

Wow, @Dimity  🙂

@Dimity wrote:

Not sure if quiet desperation is sufficient motivation. 

I reckon it is...I reckon desperation and determination are more than half the battle. 👍

I'm aiming to tackle the kitchen floor today which is full of (full) grocery bags and only has  a narrow obstructed path to walk through. I have to go to the GP for a MCHP (which is always stressful due to my germophobia) and I have to rake the lawn this morning, but hopefully I'll have enough energy to do some of the kitchen floor...

How are you all going @Dimity  @Appleblossom  @TAB  @Oaktree  @Shaz51  @EternalFlower  @SmilingGecko ?

Hi @NatureLover 

Not doing anything here. I need to get motivated somehow. I think I most need to fold the washing and find places to put it as my spare room is stuffed to bursting with laundry baskets.

Meggle

My poor brain is overloaded with being a man and a woman while being a mother.  I did not have a dad and so learned a lot, but there is a limit to wot poor ole Apple's brain can store.  oday was car buying and sorting with my son who was not served by his living over priveleged dad. So I have to do all the thinking for both sides of the mum and dad fence.  My son did his best and I know it is stressful for him, but it is even more stressful to not have a car, or a chauffeur, which was my childhood, teen and early adulthood, when I learned basic mechanics..  Anyway this is part of the reason I do not do house proud mum, cos I had to be dad, and anyway got picked on by too many people for being too clean and not clean enuff. Big head ache decisions decisions.

@NatureLover @Oaktree @Dimity @TAB @MDT @Shaz51 

Hey Apple @Appleblossom
Sitting here friend
Watching the drum on ABC and they are talking about raising Kids atm. My heart goes out to you friend. You care and that's what your Kids will remember.

well kylies character in neighbours worked in a garage @Appleblossom  easy peasy take it easy

Sounds as though half the battle is finding the storage space re washing and groceries @Oaktree @NatureLover . For me it's books and long forgotten craft. 

Well done re car buying @Appleblossom . I've never had a car nor chauffeur,  one reason I'm so insular and isolated. It was always a struggle, feeding an ongoing cycle of difficulty. 

Hope you're settling well in SA @TAB and enjoying furnishing the new place.

My progress has stalled for now, there seem too many logistical and psychological barriers. Life admin, house and garden all demand more than I can cope with. I'm still chipping away at the basics and have just started with a new helper so maybe I'll get back on track soon. 

Hope you go alright with house admin basics @Dimity 

I lived in fear as a young mum of losing my son if not having a car, and now trying to responsibly pass on car realities, including costs and all considerations to my grown up son.

Yes I understand how going without a car would simplify things (tho also be an obstacle to some things).  Kind of my thinking in going without a mobile phone.  No new/old car yet. Feel unsafe in current vehicle. A big can of worms are cars.

Thanks @MDT @TAB 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW