Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The magic of tidying

..getting there @Dimity  thanks fo rthinking of me ..

It's a worry if you feel unsafe in your present car @Appleblossom , I hope you can replace it soon. Sorry, I assumed the new car was so your son could be independent. It's great you had the strength of character to set yourself up when you were younger.

I was never a confident driver and had to relinquish my licence when I became vision impaired. As a child and teenager my parents weren't prepared to ferry me anywhere. At uni I had no transport and no friends. Later I used to move if/when I changed jobs. At times I feel trapped, imprisoned, cut off without transport - yes, I guess it does make life simpler in some respects but it's not my choice. I'm struggling to straighten out my paperwork and finances, so I can get long overdue help like taxi and concession cards. It seems a quagmire of overwhelm and ineptitude. 

Tomorrow I'm catching up with some family. Sunday I'll survey house and garden again and hopefully start afresh. 

@Dimity 

Just hugs. Sorry you are vision impaired. Good luck with taxi vouchers. I did not realise that. Its hard at uni with no friends. Some people see it as their hey days with friends etc.  No money to go for coffee or beer is not conducive to building friendships.  They were years younger than me. I was mature age and then later had babies to juggle as well as work etc. 

No mobile phone has not been a 'free' choice, more go without, to make sure I covered essentials.

There is a magic in tidying. I have been tidying in garden.  That simple doing is healing for me.

Big head ache decisions decisions.

Oh gosh, indeed, @Appleblossom  😞 I feel for you. I'm sorry you feel unsafe in your current car. Good luck finding a suitable new one quickly... 🤞

I also feel for you, going without a mobile phone 😞

I'm glad you've found the garden tidying healing ❤️

@Oaktree wrote:

Not doing anything here. I need to get motivated somehow. I think I most need to fold the washing and find places to put it as my spare room is stuffed to bursting with laundry baskets.

Good luck with it, @Oaktree ...I hope you can get inspired, that's half the battle. 

@Dimity wrote:

I've never had a car nor chauffeur,  one reason I'm so insular and isolated. It was always a struggle, feeding an ongoing cycle of difficulty. 

My progress has stalled for now, there seem too many logistical and psychological barriers. Life admin, house and garden all demand more than I can cope with.

It sounds like you feel overwhelmed, @Dimity  😞 🫂 And I feel for you, without a car or a chauffeur, and with vision impairment 💔

Am sending wishes that things feel more manageable very soon...also that you can get the taxi and concession cards 🤞 

Thanks @Appleblossom . 

Hope you now have mobile phone... an essential these days, being pushed further. Yesterday I was pressured to set up a digital wallet but I'll hold off.

Yes uni life seems formative to so many but I did an interdisciplinary course and was always rushing in the opposite direction to my classmates.

Gardening can be therapeutic - I'm easing back into it - I'm enjoying a red cyclamen at my door. The hellebores aren't flowering this year. I can hear blackbirds and magpies outside atm, another healing magic.

Glad you have a few beautiful moments. @Dimity Yes I also had very interdisciplinary studies, as it turned out.  Good for being broad minded. I am not up to digital wallets ... not a clue ... lol ... had a return to study online experience for a term, but not really worth it for me.

Hey @NatureLover @Oaktree @Flying_Hams @TAB 

Hey @Appleblossom  yeah paywave bad enough for me .Friend who visited my pays with phone, thats a bit scary for me

@TAB wrote:

Friend who visited my pays with phone, thats a bit scary for me

Me too @TAB !

And I have no idea what a digital wallet even is, @Dimity  and @Appleblossom  😮

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW