Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Thank you for visiting and for your beautiful message, @Eve7  Heart I really value it. I miss you too...hopefully I can soon be around a bit more, if the burnout eases.

Yes, I will really miss the current manager, when she retires soon. 😞

I read back a few pages on your thread, and can't believe you had 30 degrees yesterday...currently it's 9 degrees in Melbourne at nearly 10am, with freezing rain!

I'm glad you're having next week off, and also congratulations on finishing your ECT 🙂

It would be great if you could join the Topic Tuesday, even if it's just for a short while. I am a bit nervous about it as I'm not my best in the evenings, so I hope I can keep up. 

Sending 💛

Thanks for popping in, @Anastasia ! Am so happy to hear that your main priority last week was rest - well done 🙂

I read back a few pages on your thread...can i ask what 'depot' is? (No need to tell me if it's upsetting)

I know you have many, many calls upon yout time, so I won't expect to see you at the Topic Tuesday unless I see you.

Am hoping it's not too much of a shock to the system going back to your work tomorrow...

Sending 💚

Hi @Emelia8 , am just wondering what your furbaby's test results were? Can't seem to find where you've been chatting lately, maybe you're having  a quiet period...Hope you're OK.

Sending 💜

Good to see you @NatureLover and thanks for thinking of me.  Yes ... having a quiet time at present, and I havent been posting much at all.  And when I do, its brief and rarely about me.

Holly was diagnosed with Cushings disease, which is a disorder that causes the adrenal gland to produce too much cortisol (the stress hormone).  Its generally caused by a (hopefully benign) tumour growing on the Pituitary gland, which is the governing gland in the body's endocrine system.  So if there is a problem with the pituitary gland, it will usually reflect in the Adrenal gland or the thyroid.  Incidentally, its the opposite to hubby .. he has a knocked out pituitary gland as a result of his cancer treatment.  But with Hubby it means his adrenal gland is not producing any cortisol at all. He needs to take synthetic cortisol to maintain life, as it is a vital hormone.  The pair of them need to get together and even things out a bit I reckon.  Anyway, Holly can go on medication to ease symptoms, but the side effects can be bad (worse than the cushings disease itself) and does not actually prolong life anyway.  Plus it can result in the possibility of her not producing enough cortisol, which would cause her death.  So I have decided to leave things be, as much as possible, and make her life as comfortable and happy as possible for whatever time she has left. Average lifespan after diagnosis is 2 years.  So that would make her 14yo, not a bad innings I suppose. The cushings may or may not be the cause of her breathing difficulties.  I am looking into getting some natural remedies to help with both the cushings and the breathing issues.

How is your weekend?  Read about your plans for your 50th birthday celebration to come ... sounds great.  I'm glad you make an occasion of your 'significant' birthdays.

Hi also to @Anastasia @Eve7 @Bellarose75 @WIP and any others calling by.

Emelia 💕🤗

Hello and thank you for your message @NatureLover 

Your 50th sounds lovely. We have two more significant birthdays to celebrate this year, your message is a reminder to book somewhere. With Covid I would imagine the sooner the better so we don't miss out.

Depot is an injection of the medication that slowly releases over a month. It should provide a more steady dose to avoid breakthrough symptoms. Bit scary as pretty serious potential side effects but believe it or not the benefits sound like they will outweigh the side effects.  *Sigh 

A quiet day today, I'll duck to choose new lenses as I have a new prescription for my eyes and with daylight savings finished I can't see well at night and it will be dark driving home now from work so it's now pretty important in the scheme of things! 

I will do everything in my power to be here for you Tuesday. You're a good friend to me and I want to be that to you too. The only reason why I can't is if I end up to the hospital.

Big hugs, I know you will be amazing hun xox

hello to @Emelia8 too and hugs xox

@NatureLover 💜🧡

Thanks for visiting, @outlander  Heart

Hope you are doing OK...

Hi @Emelia8 , thanks for explaining about your furbaby's Cushings Disease. I hope you can find some natural remedies to help her breathing and the Cushings. 

I didn't feel up to doing anything on the weekend, and am not feeling great today either. But I have work and the new manager is back after a week off, so I'm trying to get myself together. 

I hope this week goes well for you 💜

Hi @Anastasia ...thanks for explaining about the Depot....I hope the side effects aren't too significant. 

How'd you go choosing new lenses?

I didn't mean at all that I needed support for the Topic Tuesday...please, there's absolutely no pressure for you to be there for me. The Community Managers will be there to support me if I need, but I don't think I'll need it. I don't want you to feel dragged in every direction at once! Seeing your boy takes precedence over everything Heart But I thank you for your kind thought anyway. Heart

Am hoping this week goes well for you at work. Sending 💚

Hello @NatureLover 

I wanted to pop in and wish you well for tonight. I know you'll be fabulous as always. I won't be there "live" but please tag me so I can read over tomorrow, thank you dear NL xox

@Emelia8 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW