Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Living with Loneliness

I must admit @Lila3  my oldest son ended up In Brisbane locked ward and I was completely positively blown away with his care. As soon as I arrived, all his Doctors arranged a meeting. The first thing they asked me was, ' how are you ? ' I was just saying. I'm here to be his Mum. But running outside calling my support back in Perth, crying with joy.  

He allowed me to visit him for one week. 

Anyways, throughout the years he managed himself - truly fab. But I think a service of a group of people followed up with him. 

From my own mental ill health situations, it's easier just talking about him not focusing on me. 

It's been a very difficult slog to be the best I can be without ' talking,' about my own sons past issues but owning my own mental ill health. 

Thankyou for being transparent. Your brave. 

wildlife-british-photography-awards-13.jpg

@PeppyPatti ahh that's so good to hear your son got good treatment. And sometimes it's easier talking about stuff we're removed from, at least slightly.

Hello @PeppiPatty 

that is a cherished story! When I was a kid my one and only friend were trolling through the rubbish dump which you were allowed to then, and we found discarded items from glass blowing, one of which was a tiny elephant of a stalk! Do you know I still have that elephant today! He is resting in cotton wool in a box in my cupboard and when I find him randomly, I still admire his perfection! I was never sure what to do with an elephant on a stalk but to me he represents a thing of beauty out of my reach! I admire so much that you learnt this skill! 
Hope those memories bring warmth to your heart and balance just a little, the painful rejection of your brothers and school friends! But I think somewhere inside, rejection is there to haunt us and beautiful memories required to pull us out of sad despair! I have avoided telling my story to my clients for the 53 years of my working life, but their stories have broken my heart at times and left me searching for ways to help them! And your story is triggering one patients story of a lifetime of bullying and abuse from her siblings that escalated to abuse of her mother’s will after her death! I couldn’t believe how hard it can be to defend oneself! Gather up the bullied and provide a safe place of care and protection! The Forums provide a safe place to be! 
@PeppiPatty 

@EternalFlower

Wow @Lila3  Thank you. 

It was terribly tough owning my own journey. How my oldest son managed his mental ill health truly surprised me……

and you…….

It’s very good remembering our process isn’t it? 

But you and me and @Doldip15 survived didn’t we. 

The youth is wasted in the young hey ? 

I enjoyed reading your message @Doldip15  It was my way of walking through that time. 

I did naughty things……. I smiled when I read you searched through the tip.

IMG_2023.jpeg

I totally agree with you @Lila3 .

TW: Inpatient Experiences

Content/trigger warning

As a borderline, I was also an inpatient and then left sitting outside the hospital with nothing the next day. It was terrible. I didn't have a dime on me, no phone, no clothes and I was many kilometres away from home. In the end CATT helped get me to their Area Mental Health Service but I was in such a bad state that I ended up back in inpatient....

The PARC model was perfect for planned admissions as a borderline.

@EternalFlower wrote:

i agree having BPD is a good quality in many people and doesn't need to be feared.
I also agree you can heal and recover completely.

100% agree. Thank you for reminding us 🙂

It's so powerful to have one another to lift each other up.

@EternalFlower @PeppyPatti @Doldip15 @Lila3 

Dearest @tyme 

I feel like this about my ex husbands mental illness, schizophrenia. He has it quite badly and has been teased on the street…..

Please know @tyme  when I wrote to my friend, I was not upset about the issues she has but it is about her behaviour. I don t care what people are diagnosed with. I am very sorry if I exhibited anything else.

You are amazing for being you. 

Nah, no stress at all @PeppyPatti . I totally agree that as adults, people are responsible for their behaviour no matter what their diagnosis. Good on you for speaking up. Sometimes it's needed for a wake up call.

May I ask @EternalFlower @tyme 

As I know very tittle of the diagnosis,  what are the brilliant positive joys ??

For me, I found I can 'feel' the other person a lot more. Being hypersensitive in a lot of ways, I feel i have deeper intuition. 

From what I've noticed, a lot of borderlines work in the 'helping' industries e.g. nursing, teaching, social work... 

It sounds strange because borderlines struggle with interpersonal relationships at the best of times... yet it seems in these industries, they really thrive.

Also, I found that when they find their deep passion, they attend to it with 110% 

From experience, it's one condition where the person themselves can make all the difference. Recovery is not reliant on medication.

Having BPD has taught me so much about people and life. Without BPD, I would never be here and I'd never be talking to you! @PeppyPatti 

Have a look at this mindmap. When you meet borderlines, it might be hard to see any of these traits....LOL. 

Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 9.20.18 PM.png

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW