Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

hello @Former-Member , @outlander@Determined@Sophie1@Totman 

nice drive out and about today 

Photos taken @Jacques Smiley Happy

home and again and both of us are aching now 

Howdy @Shaz51  slow start to the day today with a little sleep in. Did a bit of grocery shopping before walking the hounds. Got out in the garden this afternoon to do a bit more work on our garden beds. 

hello @Former-Member 

well we did our and mum`s shopping yesterday afternoon 

a bit of chilling out today 

did a few jobs yesterday morning around home 

boy aching by late afternoon 

hello and hugs @outlander@Determined@Sophie1@Totman 

I am going to need to contact Mr Darcy's case worker and be a little more assertive about his ramping up and possible need for a medication tweak. Have had 2x texts from old friends asking if he is hyped up 😵😵😵 and it has got to the stage where our new friends and acquaintances are beginning to realise that something might not be quite right (some of it I have been able to attribute to his cancer treatment). 

Mr D has decided he is going to write a book and is telling everyone about it. There is a positive aspect to this in that it is giving him something intellectually challenging to do, hard for me to know where the balance is though as in the lead up to his crisis he also thought that writing a book was the thing to do.

@Former-Member  I really feel for you - I know a little bit how that feels - when MsS is starting her manic phase I oftenhear about the hyped and frequent and odd phone calls for our friends and her siblings ... when she calls my mum then I know it's getting bad lol ... as she normally would never call my mum ha ha .. 

that's about when I start to try and calm our routine and social life and everything down as muck as possible - even try to limit stressful tv shows , spicy food , stressful conversations - just the see if it can be calmed down before it gets into full flight ... however when I see degrading motor and cognitive signs then I draw the line and demand a psychiatrist visit - with or without MsS really agreeing with me - I also start watching her with power tools or sharp kitchen utensils as she gets clumsy as motor skills degrade and rushed activity and thoughts  increase ...

sorry you know all this already - I know that - just saying I understand a bit and feel for your dilemma - pls take care and we r here whenever you need to vent or need a shoulder or to bounce a thought x 🤗🤗

Thanks @Sophie1

@Former-Member   🙏

🙏 here too @Former-Member 

🙏🙏🙏 here too @Former-Member 

thinking of you lots today xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW