Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script

@Oaktree wrote:

@Shaz51 

What's a community guide and would it make any difference to tell you that these forums are not initially very easy to navigate? 

Meggle

@Oaktree , I totally agree!!!

@BPDSurvivor 

I totally relate to all or nothing. I wish that I hadn't left friendships on the back burner so long as now I don't really have any and I desire some friendship and real connection. I didn't realise the all or nothing thing was my BPD. I too get socially anxious.

Meggle

@Oaktree ,

I can't say I 'miss' my past friendships. The only times I wish I wasn't so isolated is when I see other people have friends, relationships and family.

Im on my own and too afraid to commit to relationships, even work ones. 

On the other hand, I don't often feel lonely. I'm quite satisfied. None the less, I know my 'avoidance' needs work.

I have an appointment with my psychosocial worker tomorrow. I pretty much know what she's going to say...

Another thing to add.... I've been working so much for the past 5 weeks PLUS trying to complete my uni semester work that I have hardly had any physical exercise. That's really affected me too. I used to go for daily walks twice a day for about an hour at a time..., lately, NOTHING!

This all has ripple effects.

BPDSurvivor

Hello @BPDSurvivor @Shaz51 @Oaktree  Thank you all for my tags, sorry I haven't been around much this last week. Things a bit hectic at my end. 

Lovely weather in Perth today. Nice to feel the sun on my back going for a walk and blue sky's too!

Not long now for your holiday @BPDSurvivor  are you going somewhere nice or just chilling at home? I am the same as you I don't like organised get togethers too stressful. Not sure it is black and white thinking but Anxiety and build up of the what if's. Have a nice evening everyone.

@Former-Member 

I agree it was a beautiful day in Perth today but alas hubby says it's not going to last long. Enjoy it while we can though hey? I had a long nap this afternoon - just climbed out of bed now at 5pm. Anxiety is so debilitating, stops a lot of good things from happening.

Meggle

Hi @Oaktree @Former-Member  and anyone else passing through.

Yes, I'm actually exhausted this term, especially after 5 weeks of double shifts.

Unfortunately, with the unpredictability of state border closers, I still cannot travel to NSW to see my family.

So for my holidays, I'm going to focus on self-care. I need to get back to eating properly and exercising. Work has kept me indoors sitting for hours on end. So I'm going to use the holidays to get back into a healthier routine.

BPDSurvivor

Hey @BPDSurvivor 

Sorry you cannot go away for your holiday but a new focus on your physical health sounds great. I need to do something like that too. How was your day?

Meggle

Hi @Oaktree ,

This morning is my first day of 'self-care'. I've been on two small walks, went to the shops to buy healthy food and have just finished a healthy lunch.

It's a start. It's the walking that way be really missed since working too much. So I'm glad I've been walking today.

How's your day been today?

BPDSurvivor

@BPDSurvivor 

It's 1pm and I am still in bed. I really need to get up and get myself moving.

Meggle

@BPDSurvivor 

Heya,

how was your self care day 1? I am glad that you got some walking in. I finally did get out of bed but I didn't do anything today.

Meggle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW