Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: hi

Hello @redheaded

I have been called "psychotic" too & I just know how awful that word can feel and how much it makes you feel as though your words aren't being taken seriously or listened to properly.

I hope your hospital stay will be benefical for you, but I - too- know how much hospital sucks.. and how much sometimes you just want to BREAK out of there. It can get quite frustrating.

I hope that these forums may be of some help or distraction for you in difficult times. It is nice to "meet" you and I can't wait until I get the honour to learn more about you. ❣
redheaded
Senior Contributor

@Former-Member thanks.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Good Evening @Shaz51 🙂 Hope you've got plenty of rest todayHeart

Hello @eth, @Former-Member, @redheaded and @over1t 🙂

Sending out smiles for everyone 🙂

Shaz51
Community Guide

Hi @Former-Member, I am ok now , had a very yuk day today xx

Hello @redheaded, @Former-Member, @eth, @over1tSmiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh @Shaz51Heart So sorry you had a yuk day! Extra big hugs and loads and loads of love to you XxX

Do you want to talk about it?

Shaz51
Community Guide

hi @Former-Memberxx

I have wanted to scream , feeling blah , feeling better now , hanging around for topic tuesday tonight

hoping tomorrow will be better , Mr shaz has said a few comments today that he does not relize what he has said , so i have let it pass , end of the day nothing beens done , but there is always tomorrow

how are you today xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

I'm fine @Shaz51, I've been feeling a little disorientated, but I'm fine 🙂

Can you scream into a pillow when you feel like that? I'm lucky that I live in the bush, I can scream, yell, rant, rave and swear at the top of my lungs, and I'm not bothering anybody. Your love for Mr Shaz is very obvious by the way you just let those comments pass, he's lucky to have youHeart

I got another movie out of the machine as it took longer for the water to heat up (I've got to get in and clean the little jets on my gas stove) than I'd thought it would, and I missed the library. Tonight I'm going to watch 'Silence' with Liam Nelson, it's set in the 17th century, I like the olden day movies 🙂

I'll be back on later to say my Good Nights, as I'm not taking anything to help me sleep tonight, so I should be able to keep my eyes open 🙂

Hi @redheaded, how are you this evening? Any news yet on your transfer to the psych ward in your home town? 

I've lived with psychosis and psychotic like issues since I was 26 years old and I am 38 now. Although I try not to focus on labels, my "label" is schizoaffective disorder (kinda like mixing schizophrenia and for me, bipolar together). I've been confined to bed in medical ward while living with mental health issues, waiting for a bed in a psych ward. It can be even more isolating than the psych ward in my book. There is no real treatment or therapy happening in a medical ward and let's face it, it's extremely boring. In another thread, you mentioned that you like sudoku, is there is a possibility you can download free sudoku puzzles on your phone or have someone bring in a sudoku book for you? 

Walking beside you,

Q

redheaded
Senior Contributor

@Queenie I won't be getting transferred until at least tomorrow now.

I've got games and sudoku on my phone, but there's only a certain amount of time that occupies my head until I get frustrated with it.

It's been queried if I'm schizoaffective but some people don't move past my bpd diagnosis I got when I was 17.

How do you cope with your psychosis,
I'm hoping to find strategies on how to cope when what's real and what's not get blurry.
redheaded
Senior Contributor

Ok. Now I'm angry. They told me I wasn't going til tomorrow arvo. Then nurse in charge just walked in and I'm going in 45min. Wtf
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW