Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

saying hello after not posting for a while

been a while since I last posted in fact Ive been on holiday for a while and feel tired but more relaxed after being away from home for a while ,back home again though so slowly getting back into normal routine but resting for the weekend at the momment might watch a netflix series or movie a bit later,did grocery shopping today cause of course its not a good idea to drink milk that is a week over date ,anyway how is everyone going on here ? in terms of the weather its been raining on and off and in terms of my emotional state fairly calm for the time being,it was a good time away that I definetly needed,sometimes theres alot to think about and work through in your own mind and sometimes you need time away to just have time to think and breathe ,work through thoughts and just relax mainly ,I still have many questions about my online dating journey and at times I wonder why I even bother to try to meet someone,in terms of family well Ive been trying to put in alot of effort now to make ammends and Im pretty sure things are mostly ok between me and my family, actually I was staying with some family on the trip ,but different relatives from the ones I had argued with over there trying to help me with emotional support ect anyway I almost feel like reading a good book this afternoon,the heaters on and Im just resting as well as thinking of the things in everyday that need to be done,its much better being calm than being stressed over everything,now the weathers getting a bit windy ,havnt eaten much easter chocolate as yet so might have some for a snack after dinner and watch a movie,might visit some family this week and get some new clothes to wear for a possible in person date this coming week. cothes are on the line and in the washing machine but not sure when that will dry cause of the weather some of the main things I liked about going away and staying with different family members was the feeling of emotional stability,emotional security the same feeling I used to have as a child knowing that I didnt have to worry constantly about everything I honestly sllep way better when on holiday it was much neededHeart

4 REPLIES 4

Re: saying hello after not posting for a while

@LostAngel  It sounds like your holiday did you good.

@LostAngel wrote:

in terms of family well Ive been trying to put in alot of effort now to make ammends and Im pretty sure things are mostly ok between me and my family

Well done 🙂 This is not easy! 

thank you for your support @NatureLover however now its been a while since then so I may call a family member tonight to talk as at the momment Ive been working on healing myself emotionally internally but in doing so have spent alot of time away from family so I should try to reconnect a bit more again

its honestly been a few weeks since having a phone call to family members

@LostAngel  talking to  family is hard. 

@LostAngel wrote:
at the momment Ive been working on healing myself emotionally internally but in doing so have spent alot of time away from family so I should try to reconnect a bit more again

Healing yourself emotionally is crucial, so well done for focusing on that, I reckon. Sometimes you need time away from family to do that (I know I did). But I hear you that you want to connect with family again...good luck. 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW