Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Oaktree
Senior Contributor

Cook Along

@tyme @PinkFlamingo @Shaz51 @TAB @tonys @LeChuck @EternalFlower @Owlunar2 @Zoe7 @Eve7 @Appleblossom @Anastasia @Snowie @Sophia1 @Spirit_Healer @NatureLover @Captain24 @Blackbird11 @RiverSeal @Bow @Jynx @SmilingGecko 

Hi guys,

So I have this idea for a cook along. So once a fortnight or so I will look up an easy recipe on YouTube. Then whoever fancies having a go cooks it and posts pictures of what your creations ended up looking like. The idea is to have fun and not expect perfection.

Here is the first recipe. Your mission if you choose to accept it is to post pictures by Sunday 24th March 2024. That way it will encompass everyone’s paydays. It looks pretty simple and you probably already have some ingredients in your pantry. Good luck and tag others in. Thanks guys…

https://youtu.be/fsiJrbLR3kg?si=1Gpw4A6O4YjNFhlT

Soft, chewy, and full of lemon flavor, these Lemon Crinkle Cookies will brighten your day. They're the perfect sweet and tart cookie for the summertime but also make an excellent holiday cookie. You won't believe how these pillowy soft, crinkle cookies will melt in your mouth. I packed this recipe
242 REPLIES 242

Re: Cook Along

@Birdofparadise8  - I thought of you first.

Oh, and everyone else. If you do cook this, please send through a photo 🙂

Btw, I don't like following recipes. I 'taste' things in my head and then make them.... so I know mine won't turn out the way the recipe will say.

I'll let you know how it goes @Oaktree !

Looks like an interesting recipe @Oaktree and what a great idea! I'll join in after Easter...long story why.

Sounds good I'll have to give them a go @tyme @Oaktree 

Hello@oaktree a cook along sounds great. I love cooking. I would love to join in but im not sure about posting the recipe for everyone. I will just have to fiddle around to see how to  post.  Thanks for this. I will check out the first recipe.

Looks lovey @Oaktree 🙌🏻😀

I may not have the time to accept every challenge, however I’ll make the recipes when I can and post pics of the end result! 💜🙂🌺

@PinkFlamingo @sheba30 @Birdofparadise8 @Eve7 @tyme 

People won’t want to make every recipe for a variety of reasons but I am hoping that a few people will make the recipe so we can compare results. Maybe the best looking result should win the honour of picking the next recipe? What do you think?

Hello @Oaktree, sounds like a good idea

I love this idea @Oaktree 

When i get home and adjusted will gladly cook up a storm!!

I just watched the video again and have written down the ingredients. Here they are;

1 cup sugar 

zest of 2 lemons

1/2 tsp salt 

60 mls lemon juice ( juice the lemons you zested)

2 room temperature eggs

1/2 cup melted unsalted butter (I am just using regular butter)

1 tsp vanilla 

280grams plain flour (2 & 1/3 cups)

1/2 tsp baking soda (this is known as bicarbonate of soda here)

3/4 cup icing sugar 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW