Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

OH wow, @Rubyrose1  look at all those wonderful creations you've got to share with us.

Boy I can relate with having a hard critic that likes to voice itself - I've actually named it as late 'Trickster' - something i'm experimenting with to see if that helps in some way.

I thought that perhaps naming it might make it more external. - if that makes sense...

It also prevented me from being creative for a long time & no doubt really impacted my wellbeing.
It's one thing I know of myself, looking over the years, is that I need a creative outlet just as much as I need air to breathe.
It too has helped me come out of some very dark places.

I'm really honoured to have been able to see these creations of yours!
Thanks

Anyone else just love watching process video's of artists creating - not instructional at all, but like timelapse ones like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5fIvMXw24

I find it so calming & had to share Heart

Just gonna tag some of you who might enjoy this - @CheerBear @Rubyrose1 @ArtistZ @Judi9877 @Shaz51 @Emelia8 @KEJ 

Untitled22.png

Untitled2.png

This is just a digital sketch for an upcoming painting. I need goal oriented activities 

The white lines on first indicate how it might be panelled. For easy shipping 

I have 220cm x 500cm artists linen ordered. I think this will be mural size as 4 panels. Which will leave canvas for other projects 

Helen Frankenthaler has always been my idol. Glad that she is finally getting credit these days 

The next few are previous work 

Untitled.png

FB_IMG_1625425569912.jpg

FB_IMG_1625425720668.jpg

FB_IMG_1625429157177.jpg

IMG_20210530_092054.jpg

IMG_20210530_123211.jpg

@DogMan79 I absolutely love the painting of the black, spaniel type dog! And the detail in the graphite (?) artwork is super impressive...I'm always in awe at the time and patience involved in artwork such as this. 

@Rhye thanks

The graphite was just a detail of a 1.5m x about 3.5m work. But, full image has some not so family friendly imagery. It was my magnum opus in university, before the proverbial hit the fan

Love that you're staying connected to your talent, despite the proverbial hitting the fan. It's a real strength. Do you show any of your work?

Edit: I just fell into a Helen Frankenthaler rabbit hole...AMAZING! I hadn't heard of her and I'm so glad you mentioned her here. You know when you have all of the feels upon seeing an artists work for the first time? That's what just happened when I came across these...

68_12_cropped.jpg

2004-129-1-8x10-_custom-063d258ea03ecff3f98c8a3782a9548d87e5d86c.jpg

I've been toying with exploring a medium and way to express some of my story, and her work has just given me a lightbulb moment. Thank you so much 😊

@Rhye

Morris Louis followed her lead. But used diluted acrylic in cotton canvas https://www.nga.gov/collection/artist-info.1496.html

Both dreamy artists

Oh wow, yeah, they are both dreamy artists. Thank you for sharing, it's great chatting with those who know more than I (not hard 😂) when it comes to art.

Hi @Rhye @DogMan79 @flybluebird @HenryX @Shaz51 @Daisydreamer and all crafty forumites here. I’m so amazed at all of your art and craft creations each of you produce! You are so talented! 

As for me, I’ve been spending the start of the year knitting beanies for the Salvation Army to donate later on. I find that knitting beanies is a great stress reliever and it helps take the focus off my bad thoughts and bad mental state as I have to concentrate on knitting the stitches in the correct order. See below for the 2 beanies I’ve created this year! 

99EE64B0-B97F-4053-BD4D-042B1CFA1107.jpeg

F62661A4-37DB-49D1-9912-7ACB7B3AAB0F.jpeg

 I’m sorry the photos are upside down! I’m not sure how to fix this! 

Keep on having fun creating and producing the wonderful works!

Judi9877☺️💐🧶

lovely beanies @Judi9877 😊

hello @DogMan79@Rhye@flybluebird  I am enjoying everyones crafts soo much xxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW