Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

amber22
Peer Support Worker

Peer Group Chat // Sleepy-Time & Sweet Dreams: Getting a Good Sleep // Thursday 1st June 2023, 7-8:30PM AEST

Hello! 

On Thursday 1st of June 2023, we will be holding a Peer Group Chat on the topic of Sleepy-Time & Sweet Dreams: Getting a Good Sleep.

amber22_2-1685056425250.gif

Sleep is important for our mental health and wellbeing. In this chat, we’ll come together to share ideas, support each other and explore what makes a good night’s sleep. 

The event start times across Australia are below:

amber22_1-1685056296258.jpeg

Western Australia: 5pm 
Northern Territory & South Australia: 6:30pm 

Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria & Tasmania: 7pm

For anyone unfamiliar with Peer Group Chats, each focuses on a specific topic and is guided by Peer Workers with lived experience of mental health issues and recovery, &/or caring for someone with complex mental health. A counsellor is also present as a moderator to help ensure a safe environment for individuals and the group. It is a space for us as peers to share our stories and experiences, and connect with those who are going through something similar. 

Anyone is welcome to join! Tagging some members who may be interested below: 
@Shaz51 @Snowie @Meggle @Appleblossom @Bobbie @sammy3 @Jacques @creative_writer @Captain24 @Down2 @Gillie1 @Adge @tonys @wellwellwellnez @Laura4 @Messylife @tonys @Bow @Appleblossom @ParentingOCD @Smiling_Gecko @chibam @Snowie @ShiningStar @Bow @Birdofparadise8 

Peer Group Chats are hosted outside of the forums, using a platform called Chatwee. 

To join an Online Peer Group and participate, you will need to register for an account with Chatwee.
To access the group to observe only and not participate, you can access Chatwee as a Guest.
On the night, follow this link to access Chatwee before the group starts.
You can join our Peer Group Chats every Thursday from 7:00-8:30pm (AEDT). Check out the FAQs page for more information.  

We hope to see you there 😊 If you can't make it but are interested, you can always catch up reading the transcript afterwards here. We also invite you to continue the conversation below on this thread if you can't make the night but also wish to contribute some of your responses. We will post some dot point prompts on the day that can get the conversation started if you're unable to make the live event!

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Peer Group Chat // Sleepy-Time & Sweet Dreams: Getting a Good Sleep // Thursday 1st June 2023, 7-8:30PM AEST

I watch asmr videos on youtube 😬 I am not embarrassed to say that.  Sometimes I fall asleep and then an ad comes on and jolts me awake.  need to download uBlock / Adblock or something.

Re: Peer Group Chat // Sleepy-Time & Sweet Dreams: Getting a Good Sleep // Thursday 1st June 2023, 7-8:30PM AEST

I do that too sometimes! Ever since I discovered ASMR videos I use them a lot when I am unable to fall asleep, they bring a level of comfort for me when I feel as if I can't get comfortable or my mind won't stop racing. 

Definitely relate about the ads waking me up though!! @scruffypuffball 

Hope to see you at the Peer Group Chat on Thursday night if you can make it 🙂 

Hi Everyone, 

Just a reminder that the next Online Peer Group Chat on Sleepy-Time & Sweet Dreams: Getting a Good Sleep will take place tonight from 7-8:30pm AEST.  As always, for ease of reference, times across Australia are in the graphic and listed below: 

TideisTurning_0-1685591563932.jpeg

Western Australia: 5pm 
Northern Territory & South Australia: 6:30pm 

Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria & Tasmania: 7pm 

Tonight, you can expect discussion about:  

• What a good night's sleep looks like for you and how this may fluctuate 
  • Coping tools for sleep disturbances or sleep struggles 
  • Optimising and promoting better sleep (strategies, techniques & habits) 

Tagging members who have supported or otherwise interacted with the thread so far as well as those who may be interested to receive a reminder: @Oaktree @Shaz51 @Snowie @scruffypuffball @chibam @Captain24 @ShiningStar @CloudBerry @Jacques @Gillie1 @Former-Member @Bobbie @Flying_Hams 

Hi Everyone, 

Just a reminder that this Peer Group Chat on the topic of Sleepy-Time & Sweet Dreams: Getting a Good Sleep will be starting very soon, in around 20 minutes at 7PM AEST! Tagging those who have interacted with the thread and who may be online and/or interested to receive a reminder 😊 @Snowie @Shaz51 @scruffypuffball @ShiningStar @chibam @Captain24 @Abner @Appleblossom @Bill16 @Bow @DDD1 @Emergence @Former-Member @ArraDreaming @Kyle1 @Meowmy @Former-Member @SmilingGecko @lotus85 @creative_writer @Dimity @Historylover @Rhettro @StuF @The-red-centaur @jack7 @PinkBalloon @Ljr2005 

I’m not interested.

That's all good @ArraDreaming 🙂

hello I cant find this chat or how to get in or anything

how do we access the chat?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW