Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!

You have a lot of fixed ideas @TAB I try and work around it all ...no longer taking other people's stuff personally.  Earned it by simply surviving.

We have a lot of different opinions on things @TAB Over the years I have avoided being insulting, but side step when people think differently from me.  As you can see by this brief interchange, I have mingled with all sorts from pre teens. You do seem to want to push it with me.  I am not interested in argument.  I am on this forum for different reasons.  I dont find all your jokes or links statisfying or gratifying, but I let it go, and allow others to respond to you as they wish.  I was the first person to respond to you on the forum. Maybe you are resentful about that. I am not sure.  

Movoing on.  Others may be present.

Here is an interesting bbc link

https://www.bbc.com/reel/video/p09d40rr/the-little-known-origin-of-the-term-fake-news- 

History that resonates with current times.  Intelligent discussion is all I want.

Maybe we are just very different people. @TAB 

I doubt I slung mud pies @TAB although a lot of my experiences may have triggered you or not sat with your view of the world.  I remember reaching out to you over rock music, motor bikes, geology and mining and over the WWII german-dutch divide more than once, but am reeling in my good will and calling stuff out ... at last, because you do not appreciate my efforts  You bought into the big money mining mentality which I rejected in my early 20s.  You insisted you had no issues with Mental illness, which I did not dispute but now I believe you may have idealised one parent and demonised another, and projected onto me, while I was trudging through the MI trenches with openness. I was strongly motivated to build the forum culture and prob dodged a few slings rather than give in on that ground. I am not sure you could relate to classical music, science, or a teaching mindset.  I did not want to expose myself to insult, but I guess that comes with the territory of an open forum in formation.  I was working with my cognitive strengths, and simply discovering myself with "normal" access to the internet and computer with enthusiasm, which was pretty new to me when I joined forum. Mostly I am used to going without. My kids had more than full access to all things computing so it was not that they missed out.  I realise you do not have children which also casts life in a different light.  Recently you have begun dealing with lifestyle issues positively and lots of people here give you good support.  It has brought out a gentler side of you which has been good to observe.

I dont doubt he was disturbed and that it was difficult for you @TAB , even if you did get fresh milk, and had a more stable upbringing than I did.  I saw a lot of kids getting a hard deal from their fathers in all sorts of ways.  I was def not jealous of their circumstances, cos it all looked pretty tough to me.   So I dug in quietly to myself, and I guess I developed that thing they call resilience. It is why I often take the big picture approach to MI, and no longer take it all personally.

Big health scares are no laughing matter.

Hi @Appleblossom @TAB 

I am sensing some tension between the two of you.

Please be particularly respectful in the way you talk about your experiences with mental health in contrast to one another's experiences; ensuring that you are not invalidating each other's lived experience. 

If you need some time away from this thread or topic, please do so as needed.

Kindest Regards,

Amour_Et_Psyché 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW