Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

ArraDreaming
Senior Contributor

Sunday scaries, anyone else?

I like my job but the Sunday scaries are real. Wondering if I did enough this weekend or spent enough quality time with my family, but still have a list of things I wish I got done, wondering how this week will go, caught between the count down until the end of the work week but not wanting to wish time away 

53 REPLIES 53

Re: Sunday scaries, anyone else?

I can't say I relate. I used to look forward to my first day of work @ArraDreaming .

I used to struggle with Friday's because weekends were hard for me.

Now, I don't really mind any day... maybe I barely keep up with which day is which!

Hmmm, I reckon it’s being away from my family that’s a huge part of it @tyme wanting to have as much time with them and not wanting to let the weekend go

I was just thinking... you know how you work part time? What if you asked NOT to work Mondays?

@ArraDreaming  This thought came to me because I just realised that my sister doesn't work Mondays.

Possibly an option but just started so feel like I can’t really ask yet…. I don’t work thur/fri generally so I already get a long weekend, I would have to still work 3 days though $ wise… so tue, wed, thur or something like that maybe @tyme
ideally i’d actually actually like to work MORE hours because we need more money but I also want to be at home so idk

I would never say that I felt I didn’t have time for my family but ever since starting this job I feel way less burnt out and able to show up for my family whereas before I would be so mentally exhausted all day coming home was overwhelming and same with weekends, I don’t feel anywhere near as overwhelmed and sensory overwhelmed on edge anywhere near as much

and that’s adding a 3rd kid in….

That's life. I think people who are working often prefer just not go to work and stay home instead. It's life. @ArraDreaming 

I'm looking forward for a long break... at the same time, I know I need the accountability and routine of work.

like right now I’m doing the kitchen clean up and I can hear 2 of my big kids screaming from their bedrooms with my Mrs (in a good way) and our baby is just chilling, squealing but just chilling, in my old job I would have been like i need to go to my garage before I get really overwhelmed and flustered and annoyed, @tyme

like… my house is noisy AF right now and I don’t even care…. 😂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW