Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Tabaluga's

@TAB  got your reply on the other thread, but thought I’d reply here to try to keep stuff together… 

your question:

• Supposedly am gettin AF fixed soon?

My question back: is that using cardioversion..? Which is various little shocks to the heart to try to trick it back into rhythm, or will they be trying more focussed therapy like cryo or thermo ablation, or via a new therapy called Pulsed Field Ablation..? I’ve included a quick explain from Boston Scientific, the co that makes the equipment..I have one of their implants in my chest..thats how much I trust them 🌺

Your second q:

• they tell me CPAP fixes AF as well ? idk

CPAP as a therapy type doesn’t ‘fix’ afib; ASV is what treats the disordered breathing that occurs simultaneously as a characteristic of sleep disordered breathing associated with afib. 
it’s a bit ‘chicken/egg’ in terms of what came first, what caused what, or what makes what worse… but, end of the day, the only thing that matters is ensuring two things: sleep breathing is no longer compromised/is appropriately treated using the best therapy (ASV), and the afib symptoms reduce due to less strain on the heart from better sleep breathing. 

@TAB @StuF hey cool friends, nearly done work. Look forward to stroll shopping centre soon.

Well done @Meowmy ! Enjoy shops

Good afternoon cool friends @Meowmy @TAB @StuF , hope you are all having a good , just waiting for the Dockers game

@Bill16 hey cool friend, nice to see you. Enjoy the game. Out food and walk after done work for the week. Take care.

@TAB @Bill16 @StuF hey cool friends, ate a plate of fried rice and icy zero. Going for a walk now. Take care.

Howdy @Bill16 !

You Do realise the Dockers are gonna lose, right?

lol

You take care too @Meowmy 

Hey @Bill16 

Just to clarify- I'm just shite talking ya re Dockers since you're playing my team tonight 🙂

Haha yeah classic @StuF I'm always keen for a bit of banter mate, should be a cracking game 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW