Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Parzival
Senior Contributor

Breaking point

I’m at my breaking point. Everything is happening at once and I just can’t cope anymore. I feel like crying all the time

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Breaking point

@Parzival  Sorry to hear. Can you take time out? Take a day where all you do is sit in a park by yourself, or at a beach? Slow things down that way? I don't know what would work for you, to reduce the stress...

Hi @Parzival 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time at the moment.

As @NatureLover mentioned, is there a way that you could just take a time out for yourself, like a day just for you away from all the stress?  If not, can you take a just a few minutes for yourself to do something nice just for you, where all you focus on is that moment and the good feeling you are creating for yourself - this could be something simple like having a hot cup of tea, having a bath/shower with your favourite body wash or giving your pet a pat.

When I feel feel really overwhelmed, I find that trying to break down everything that is happening into smaller more manageable pieces really helps.  Its kind of like a step by step guide to make order from chaos.  It sounds like you have a lot of things happening right now, so you could do this for each aspect.  For example, if you were feeling overwhelmed by having a really messy and untidy house, you could break down what you need to do to make it clean and tidy into rooms, and then even smaller tasks/areas for each room, and even smaller tasks again for each area.

Warm regards

SkySeeker22

@SkySeeker22 @NatureLover thank you for your support, unfortunately even in my free time when I’m not working I’ve barely got any energy to do anything without being overwhelmed with thoughts and triggers. I’m just tired

Sorry to hear, @Parzival . 

When you're lying down and those bad thoughts and triggers are coming, can you distract? E.g. reading, listening to music or podcasts or something? 

Hi @Parzival 

Just checking in to see how you are doing.  Was just wondering what has got you so anxious and drained of energy, maybe we can help you with that. 

@NatureLover  and @SkySeeker22  have made some good suggestions, but your anxiety seems to be bigger than the comfort that they would give you,

So whats wrong, is there any way you can tell us, we might be able to assist.  Thinking of you 🙂

@Asgard I am so lonely, and my mental health and personal life is is shambles

Hi @Parzival 

I know that you are feeling miserable and down and it feels like the world is against you.  But believe me when I say things will get better for you, its all about reaching out for the help that is available.  Was just wondering if you have a close friend who you can reach out to, or have you tried counselling.  If not I am all ears and will try and assist if I can.  Am sure the supportive people on here are only eager to help @tyme @SkySeeker22 @NatureLover   So please talk to us 

Hey @Parzival ,

How are you today? 

Thinking of you. You are not alone.

@tyme the past few days have been tiring. My mental health and emotions are still bad

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW