Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Fluttershy1
Senior Contributor

Stuck and can’t escape it.

Hey, 

things are hard and I just can’t seem to escape it, I went to the emergency room last night hoping to get the help I needed from mental health clinicians but they basically sent me on my way, I had SH which was why I went and they still discharged me, I ended up calling them crying for help and they told me to go home and try my coping skills, barely even made it home without having a massive crying episode and having to take myself back for them to just tell me I’m fine and discharge me again. 

I feel like I’m just a burden and mistake, it feels all to overwhelming, they are supposed to be there to support you not just send you on your way when your basically in crisis. 

the nurse I got when I came back was really rude to me she was a mental health person and basically told me to go home and try my coping skills.[edited by moderator] I was upset and really not feeling great mentally. 

im just stuck on what to do, I feel like I just can’t escape it…..

am safe 

955 REPLIES 955

Re: Stuck and can’t escape it.

Hey @Fluttershy1 ,

Im sorry it’s so hard for you right now. It sounds so hard. Do you have any thing you can do at home for now?

I’m wondering what ‘help’ do you think the hospital would have been able to give you? ie what were you looking for?

I’ll also send you an email.

Hey @tyme

I’m currently out as I had to go to the doctors, they could have just let me continue talking about how I felt and they just kept pushing me away. It fustrated me…. 

am safe 

That sounds so invalidating @Fluttershy1 . It must have hurt so much. 

I have to say that I've had a similar experience in the past and know first hand how much it hurts.

We are sitting with you. I hope your bunnies will be able to sit with you too.

They probably will, I got another bunny @tyme - couldn’t help but get another one…

Are they indoor or outdoor rabbits? @Fluttershy1 

So how many do you have now? I thought 4. Is it still 4?

What colours are your rabbits @Fluttershy1 

Hello @tyme 

I have 3 rabbits @tyme 2 outdoor and 1 indoor. 

@Shaz51 - my bunnies are 1 brown, 1 black and white, 1 white and seal point colour

Hi @Fluttershy1  my friend has recently phoned the mental health team at local hospital.  They had a huge wait to help her that night. Once established she was safe they gave her information about a local mental health resource centre to which her and I are going to attend together in couple of days.  

have you tried phoning the mental health team closest to you and, if they can’t see you, asking for details of place or places nearby you can go to that can help?

last year when my head was not in a good space I phoned them and they gave me details of 2 places not far from me that are drop in centres where I can go and talk to someone.

@Fluttershy1  last time we chatted I remember your newest bunny was having lots of fun on your bed and trying to claim it for herself.  Also that she was wary of your other 2 bunnies.

how is she settling in?  Is she starting to get along with your other 2 bunnies?  How much bigger than her are they?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW