Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

struggling to communicate

I am struggling to communicate with everyone lately and no one is understanding me and i am trying but it is hard and i have tried writing notes but they arent being understood either and it is just really hard i am trying my best but it isnt working and no one is getting it. 

24 REPLIES 24

Re: struggling to communicate

Sorry to hear, @Eden1919  😞

Sorry to hear that, @Eden1919. Is that one of your early warning signs?

Hello @Eden1919, thank you for sharing. I am sure that many people can relate to having difficulties communicating, I know that I can. I am curious to whether you could please expand on this. Is it when you are trying to communicate your feelings and thoughts with others? Or more in general being unable to find the words? Or something completely different? Is there something that has worked for you in the past 🙂

@NatureLover  thank you 

@Gwynn  I am not sure

@ButterflyBeauty  I am having trouble will all things communication. I have been trying to tell people i am not feeling ok but they keep just saying hang in there when that is not working and idk what to do anymore. 

@Eden1919 I can relate. In my experience, I have found that everyone is trying their best but not everyone knows how to respond in the way that I need them to when I am sharing my vulnerability and telling them that I am not ok. Do you have any people in your life that can be the support you need at the moment whether it is a psychologist, a support group or a friend? 

@ButterflyBeauty  i thought i did but apperantly not. 

Have you tried expressing what you need after saying you're not ok? A lot of people don't like to sit in uncertainty, they like to 'fix things', either by going 'it's not that bad' or giving you a hug, or whatever.

@Gwynn  no because i dont know what would help anymore nothing i am trying is working. 

@Eden1919  I'm really sorry to hear that you're not okay at the moment. I hear that you are trying to talk to your supports and the response seems to be to 'hang on' which... I mean it's always good to hang on of course, but it sounds like that's not really sufficient to your needs at the moment. Do you feel like you're looking for practical advice on what to do or how to cope, or do you feel it's more a need to be heard and to get some stuff off your chest?

You're welcome to communicate with us here, you can talk about some of what you're going through or vent some of your emotions, if you feel comfortable to do so Smiley HappyHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW