Skip to main content

Re: Topic Tuesday // Feeling anxious when away from your loved one // Tues. 24 Apr. 7pm - 9pm AEST

Thanks @NikNik I'm thinking that a 5 week Distress Tolerance Group course (offered nearby) might be helpful...

Adge

Re: Topic Tuesday // Feeling anxious when away from your loved one // Tues. 24 Apr. 7pm - 9pm AEST

Yeah I and lots of others seem to see longevity as an achievement or ‘justification for how they lived their life’ .. not so sure about that myself. Better to have been a good person than just having clung ok fought off health issues .. to what end I am not sure. Is it unrequited business or something @NikNik

Same re alone @Adge although I have lived alone the majority of my adult life well in good times and bad. I doubt if I will miss my father its just all a big confronting selfish muddle

That does sound anxiety-provoking @Shaz51 I would worry too, in those circumstances.

Adge

@Former-Member @TAB @Adge @Shaz51 @Tanglefoot

Next I was hoping to share with you all, some strategies that carers have found helpful. It's some things you can work on with a loved one, to help reduce your own concerns, worries or anxiety.

While I type that up - are there any strategies that anyone here has put in place to help them feel more comfortable being apart from a loved one?

I think that anxiety is a normal feeling, but managing it is important. Understanding that the anxiety is based on a past experience but not necessarily reflective of the present and logically thinking things through.

So true @Former-Member !

I think @Tanglefoot brought up a relevant point that when our loved ones are not taking meds we feel they are more at risk. It did take a while for Mr D to get meds that helped him and I am very grateful he is willing to take them

Evening @NikNik + everyone, joining in a little late, 

yes @Tanglefoot    brought up a relevant point that when our loved ones are not taking meds we feel they are more at risk.

Yes i agree @Former-Member, @NikNik, and when they stop and you start seeing the change of what they were like before makes me anxious too

Search Mental Health Carers NSW