Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

GhostGirl123
Casual Contributor

OCD

Hi everyone, 

I’m new to the forums and trying to figure out how everything works. Does anyone else here struggle from severe OCD? I’m looking to chat with other people who’ve had similar struggles and experiences.

Thanks 🌻 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: OCD

Hi @GhostGirl123 

Thanks for sharing your story 🙂

We wanted to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums.

We hope that you find the forums a great place to connect with other members, share stories and ideas, and find the support and connection you deserve.

We look forward to seeing you around on the forums!

Welcome @GhostGirl123 😃

Hope you enjoy the forums and find lots of useful info!

You might like to check out this thread. It also links to other threads, as well as other members who were looking for other OCD-buddies 👍

https://saneforums.org/t5/Welcome-getting-started/OCD-pains/m-p/1146187/highlight/true#M5290

Hope your night is going well🌷

Welcome, @GhostGirl123 ! It's good to have you here 🙂

I also have OCD - mine takes the form of germophobia, with some checking and counting too. 

What form does your OCD take? 

An important forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

I look forward to hearing back from you...

@NatureLover @Thank you for your response, I’m still trying to figure out how to post here!

My OCD is a lot of numbers, intrusive thoughts and mental rituals, so it’s quite exhausting.

Do you know of any groups where people with anxiety or OCD can catch up? I’m in Adelaide [Edited by moderator].

@GhostGirl123  OCD is totally exhausting, isn't it! 😢

We aren't allowed to mention any specific local groups, due to the Anonymity rule which is to keep us all safe. But we can talk about it here. 

You can also type "OCD" or "Anxiety" into the Search bar above for lots of threads on them!

Do you have any professional support for your OCD?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW