Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Well it is in a way @PeppyPatti @Emelia8  .. living vicariously through the power of youth, and unconditional love that will grow to be intuitive 

Good morning @PeppyPatti @TAB 😊

I do know you @PeppyPatti we met years ago. ♥

Have a great day all 🌷🌻

@tonys
There are times some local hoons floor it up the side road behind our place.
One day a Red P Plater was doing so as we got out of the car and it forced him to slow down. He sped up as soon as he could and one of his P Plates fell off haha

Morning all
Have a good day

Just read this and thought I would share it

It's from a book called Chatter - about how we can cultivate a more positive inner voice. In their experiment participants were unaware that they'd be required to perform public speaking in front of 3 judges who were stoic as. It actually reminds me of a graduate job I applied to - I recall trying to make them laugh. They didn't hahaha.

"Remarkably, as we coded the videos and dug deeper into the data from the experiment, it wasn’t just the participants’ emotional responses that differed. Judges who watched videos of participant’s speeches indicated that people in the distanced self-talk group performed better on the task as well.

We had uncovered a novel distancing tool hidden in the mind: distanced self-talk . As our experiments and others later demonstrated, shifting from the first-person “I” to the second-person “you” or third-person “he” or “she” provides a mechanism for gaining emotional distance. Distanced self-talk, then, is a psychological hack embedded in the fabric of human language. And we now know that its benefits are diverse."

So ultimately, we can direct our inner voice by changing the language.

Good Morning @MDT @Emelia8 @PeppyPatti @tonys @StuF @Oaktree @saturnzoon 

hope there is some good in all your days

Yeah @tonys  it will be good, even just to get away for a day or so

Hello  @Emelia8   I'm sorry for revisits to to those dear ones  lost Emelia.  I guess memories are what we are comprised of, and what defines us, and we don't get to pick and choose. Its just this thing called 

life. 

I swapped my calendar for trees.   Citrus blossom turns to mango and paw paws, and then rainbow

cascades of of acer leaves confetti the lawns and then the ashes of my lost love are like lipstick gloss on every last rose petal that falls.  

Making new memories,  cherishing old, and hoping ghosts  unwanted, no longer remember us. 

My thoughts are with you and Hannah,  and the lady who lost a son.  

Whilst I could support a few posts, I didn't want to say anything.   I would surely have made a hash of

it. 

I hope the rest of your week ascends you to a sunnier view.                             tonys..

@Oaktree  @saturnzoon  @Glisten 

Hi everyone.  @StuF  @Shaz51       @MDT  @PeppyPatti  @TAB  @StuF  @PinkFlamingo  @Lila3 @greenpea 

And every one else with circles on calendars,  and  moons measured minds   

@tonys I hope you are doing well today ❤️ .
POTS is more of a nuisance, the only risk is fainting which hasn't happened to me thankfully, but I have had my eyesight go dark when standing too quickly. I admit I have walked on stairs when my eyesight wasn't clear, probably not the smartest thing to do

interesting @creative_writer  I have been told have AF despite being on blood thinners and BP meds. also get dizzy business, can drive car 20mins and have to be very careful after first get on my feet.

still waiting to see cardio. had lung scans in meantime , they found I have clots still but not fullof them like 3 years ago and on thinners so they did not seem bothered, also was made to have a night in hospital due to AF after doing 3 day holter monitor and getting pulse readings in 200s (ok , false as has been pointed out as bad heartbeat getting double counted/averaged etc )

think cardio in around 3 weeks time. been waiting since October to see them

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW