Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Thick with the ‘tism – ASD Social Space

Thats a good way of looking at it @tyme .  I actually did support a heap of posts on it before realizing It was the start of the thread.  Dates,   must remember to pay a mind to dates..   Folks will think I've been digging over old graves yards,  panning for gold fillings.    

I'll do a little back peddle over the last few pages and see if I can get a grasp of the flavour,  maybe hatch a few words one quiet day. 

Thankyou so much  Thyme    and    @Jynx .  Really opened a door for me.    To think the last 2 years or so all I've been able to do is reply where I'm tagged.   

A very grateful tonys.

I feel like you people might understand..

my local KFC caught on fire today. (To my fellow Canberrans - you’ve probably seen the pics and more importantly the memes lol)

their nuggets were one of my safe foods and now I’m going to have to travel an extra 15 mins to get them 😂 god damn!

Ach, hate that for you @_PixieSolstice_ !! Need those safe foods on hand for when the sensory everything is too much and every food just doesn't appeal! 

My go to safe food atm is these biscuit sandwich thingos called Belvita - download.jpg

And omg it's like, so perfect. I try to pretend it's a healthy snack food option too 😅

Do you have any backups/alternatives if you can't get yourself to the nuggets when needed?

Cook my own nuggets I guess @Jynx 😂 

@_PixieSolstice_ that works! Oven food is always a safe go-to, and usually much cheaper! 

Hi @Jynx only just saw this forum thread because of the new activity.

I love D&D too! (re: original post)

I play as a swashbuckler rogue (5th edition) and I love it. I have been playing since around April 2020 and I'm level 10.

I was diagnosed at age 4 and am now 25.

I like most foods (re: most recent posts) and I love spicy, salty and sour foods.

Edit: diagnosed as autistic - whoopsy! what an important bit to leave out 😅

@BipolarPenguin welcome!! I love that you also play D&D!! I'm about to start a new campaign, as an air genasi bard - so excited! What's your favourite aspect of D&D? For me it's the discovery of adventures, and getting to meet cool people (both the other players, and the NPCs haha). 

@Jynx I like the randomness aspect of the dice rolling - the fact that you don't know what is going to happen next keeps me on my toes.

I have also met some great people through D&D so I love that for it as well.

There used to be a water genasi player character in my party ages ago. I hope your air genasi goes well! 

@BipolarPenguin @Jynx 

I have also been diagnosed with D&D!

I play now online once a week, and I DM my own home-brew campaign. We should start a D&D discussion thread!

Also, Hello! I'm deshift and I'm new here!

😂
deshift

Hey @deshift ,

Good idea about starting a D&D thread 🙂 You can do this by clicking here.

I can't wait to see it!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW