Skip to main content
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Not Coping

Hey there @creative_writer 🙂🌺

Yes it’s very challenging facing societal and or community expectations regarding marriage, I do agree 💜

and I’m really sorry to hear you almost feel ashamed for not being married 💜

that sounds really difficult to sit with ❤️‍🩹

thank you, I really appreciate that 🙂🌺

@Former-Member marriage will happen when it happens, it is not worth forcing it. It is unfortunate how much pressure is put on young people. I hope you are doing well today 💖

Hey @Former-Member @ENKELI 

How are you both? 

I had an MRI today it was for a research thing and I just had the interview at the chemist warehouse which went well. 

I'm just getting my meds for the week and then going home. It's been non-stop need to tidy up and then rest for a bit. 

@Birdofparadise8 hey princess, you've had a busy day.

How are you feeling about the interview?

I got home about 15 minutes ago from my appointment, I have to follow up with my dad regarding him coming over.

I'm good, it's been a lazy day for me.

@creative_writer I get the marriage thing. I'm 55 now and single, it's taken me a long time to accept it and it still hurts especially when my mum's sister is always going on about her wonderful daughters-in-law and grandchildren. I've been engaged twice but both guys cheated on me.

I pray you find your perfect half, you deserve happiness and someone who will make you feel like the most important person in the world xx

Above all, be kind to yourself 🤗

The interview went well so that's good @ENKELI 

Ah okay I Hope that went well. 

Fair enough to have a lazy day. 

@Birdofparadise8 how about you? What are you up to now?

I know you have a pretty full day.

@Former-Member how are you today lovely?

Just got home and need to put the washing in the dryer and hang some of the clothes up that I don't put in the dryer. Clean up a couple of things and then will sit down for a few min and cook my schnitzel for dinner.

Emotionally not sure yet I'd like it to be positive but I feel it going in the opposite direction. @ENKELI 

@ENKELI I feel like being single is better than being in an unhealthy relationship. I’m sorry to hear you were cheated on, you are worth so much more than they were 💖. I wish you happiness in your life 🫂.

I hope today is going okay for you

@Birdofparadise8 now is a good time to tell yourself you are okay. That you feel lucky, blessed, whatever positive word will help. 

This is the best time to turn your thoughts around, when they start feeling like they are going south. Think positive okay? This is key in changing the negative feelings and thoughts that make you spiral.

Please please, put some positive music on, watch something funny, anything to prevent your feelings turning negative x

Search Mental Health Carers NSW