Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not Coping

@Birdofparadise8 darling you have no need to apologise or feel bad.

Bring up about not accepting positive affirmations. My bad, you probably have. In fact I think I remember you saying something about it. 

You have KHL soon don't you?

I hope it helps to make you feel a bit better xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

hey there @creative_writer 💜

Im sorry to hear today hasn't been a good day, sweetheart xx

Do you have anything there to do that can help?

Oh okay, sure thing, I will do that @ENKELI 

Yeah, she will call any minute now. I can still respond, though. 

Can you accept positive affirmation? 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Im sorry dearest @Birdofparadise8 😔💜

Do you have anything there to do or watch that might help out?

I don’t care

@Former-Member I don’t know. I’m sick of the emotional pain, I want it to stop

@Birdofparadise8 I can now.

Women are conditioned to deflect compliments and positive feedback. My mum is a prime example. No matter how many times she is praised she downplays it. I'm not sure why.

I did a leadership programme for women called Springboard when I worked for Telstra and I learnt how to accept positive affirmations/compliments. 

I accept compliments easily, however I am my own worst enemy and will tell myself that I am worthless, useless, ugly etc when my depression is really bad.

@Former-Member diamond painting is like a colour by numbers picture where you place little round or square plastic dots called drills to a pre-glued picture.

The appointment was a centrelink requirement, meet up with a job coach and make targets to meet and justify being allowed to collect centrelink payments. My job coach is pretty good fortunately and she is mindful of my MH issues.

Lol, SUV that is gold!! I've fallen victim to misreading things too, then laughing at myself when I realise, nope that's not what they meant!!

This is the diamond painting I'm doing at the moment. It's a full drill which means the entire picture is made of dots. The second one is a partial drill so it is quicker to complete. 💜💐

20240415_175440.jpg20240321_193655.jpg

I'm feeling a bit better now @Former-Member @ENKELI after talking with KHL.

Ah okay @ENKELI 

KHL said about the self-affirmation and how we have tried to work on it in the past but it's just made me worse. Instead of that to be more proactive when I'm at home and make things to do so i stay busy but also when I'm relaxing to make it intentional. She said something that might work for you and others might not work for me. I hope that's okay saying that. Let me know what you think. 

Hey @ArraDreaming 

What's up? I hope you're okay. I know you don't mean that. 

@Birdofparadise8 it's absolutely okay to say that and she's right. Just like medications, what works for me doesn't work for my friend who has depression too.

I just don't want you giving up on trying things that might help you. Unless you try you're not going to know if it works or doesn't work for you.

Glad you're feeling better now 👑💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW