Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: struggling to communicate

Been there. many times. There now at least a bit

I deal with it by giving myself permission to stop trying. If people can't understand then I'd rather not put both of us through the frustration of failure. I wouldn't neccesarily call that advice, though. Just where I find myself sometimes.

@Jynx  it is partly about safety and i keep trying to tell them i am not ok and they just keep saying wait or trying to do safety plans which dont help me and then telling me to call if i am not ok but like i am already telling them that so i dont know what else to say i just want to give up. 

@Eden1919  what would an ideal outcome look like? If you're concerned about your safety, would hospital be the best option for you? 

You can always get in contact with a crisis line - I know many folks have differing feelings about them, but you don't know who you might get and you may just end up speaking to exactly who you need to speak to tonight, you never know. 

@Jynx  there is no best option hospital would make things worse and i have already tried a crisis line twice recently and both times they made things worse there is nothing left for me. 

@Eden1919 I'm sorry to hear that your experience with crisis lines has made things worse in the past. It really can be a roll of the dice sometimes. You could always try the SANE Help Centre as well.

Can you think of a time when something has helped make things better? What was it that was different? 

@Jynx  i dont think there has been a time things just keep getting worse and worse. 

I can hear that you're feeling very hopeless at the moment @Eden1919 and that is a tough place to be. But you've done a good thing I think by coming to the forums to talk about it. I'm sure there are many others here who can relate to the way you're feeling, and we're all here to support you through this darkness. Heart 

@Eden1919  Hey sweetheart are you still on your medications?

@Jynx  i just dont know what it is going to achieve anymore. 

@greenpea  yes i am still taking them. 

@Eden1919  good. Heart Take care hunnyx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW